Thursday, April 26, 2012

What I Learned Today - Essential Questions - Focus Factor Pills

Tonight I would like to throw down some thoughts on paper tonight at the end of this day. It seems that everyday I learn a little something about something that could make my life run a little smoother if I apply its lessons and try not to repeat the same errors again, time and time again. It does take a little time to pause and reflect as to what happened today.

One mistake I made for today came as a result from a decision I make yesterday late in the day. I decided to take one or two focus factor pills to help me try to concentrate and do some extra work yesterday evening. The result was to keep me up later than I should have stayed up until about 1:30 AM. My mind was alert, but too alert, and too late. The lesson I learned is to not take mind strengthening pills after 4 or 5 PM in the day. Of course, it is always best to take these mind focusing items early in the day. I already knew this but I was trying to push my luck. Today I paid a price in my mind being a little unfocused and distracted. I got a feel for what it is like to not have my mind working in full order like I am accustomed to it being.

I also learned through reading about "Essential Questions" in the field of secondary teaching. My insight was this: The questions how and why are more important that other types of questions. They are the most difficult sometimes to answer but they are the most thought provoking. Most don't ask why or how questions because they are not always answerable in a short amount of time and require a great deal of energy and weighing of thoughts to come to a close answer.

Check out my brainchild at: 101 Indispensable Internet Tools I am trying to feature what is useful and great about the Internet here. It takes a while to figure out how to organize and present web tools in a concise manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment